So many of our clients embarking on the “Power Foods Fitness” lifestyle are in need of a simple replacement to their grain-based cracker bread as this has become a staple in their lunch and snacks.
This REAL FOODS version of the cracker bread is simplistic in its ingredients, no fuss preparation and cooking. The end result is a crisp almond flour cracker bread that can be enjoyed days later and is a perfect base for your fish, chicken or turkey with a side of salad or broken into bite-size bits to mix into your beef or chicken stir-fry. For the “creature of habit” eaters use this cracker as your would toast topped with eggs for a healthier breakfast.
1 3/4 C Almond Meal Flour*
*I always use SF Health Foods Almond Meal Natural (see photo below) in all my cooking creations.
2 medium Eggs
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Celtic Sea Salt
Fresh Rosemary* or dried herbs of choice
*Fresh rosemary ground with a mortar and pestle is best as this releases all of the wonderful essential oils that chopping just doesn’t do.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix together almond meal flour, olive oil and beaten egg whites until this makes a crumbly mix that shapes quickly into a ball.
3. Roll the ball of crumbly mix between two sheets of parchment paper, sprinkling with herbs after just starting to flatten dough. Continue to roll to desired thickness*.
*Thin crackers will get crisp sooner than thicker crackers and will be more delicate.
4. Remove top layer of parchment paper before baking. Sprinkle with sea salt and additional herbs for amore intense flavour.
Note: You can press your grater spikes into the dough for some added texture.
5. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until light, golden and dry to the touch. Remove from the oven and cut while hot.
6. Cool completely, then move to an airtight container or domed cake plate to keep crisp and fresh.
Enjoy my Beautiful Friends! xx