Strictly speaking, no supplements are considered a REAL FOOD in the “Power Foods Diet”. Our caveman ancestors didn’t have access to concoctions, pills or powders… not to mention a blender to whip up anything they wanted, when they were on a hurry in the morning.
Now that being said, supplements can be useful in doing just that – supplementing a real foods diet – if you do it in a smart, educated way addressing your health and fitness goals.
The most commonly asked nutrition question is “Do I really need to use a supplement?”
The answer from us at Be Fit Hub is conclusively “Yes!”
Nutritional supplementation can improve your health as well as your nutritional status. Like I say to my clients “flip the pancake to the other side – look at the scenario from the other side”… The health risk of supplements is absolutely minimal when compared to the risks associated with taking prescription drugs.
Note: In the last 50 years there has been just one recorded death (a massive overdose) due to nutritional supplements. In contrast, approximately 125,000 people die every year in America from prescription drugs. There is a place for prescription drugs, and of course they are often necessary to battle disease once it attacks, but proper nutrition, including supplementation, is necessary to help prevent those same diseases from attacking.
There are 5 primary reasons to supplement and I will devote this post to explaining each:
1.To correct nutrient deficiencies and/or make up for poor dietary choices due to lack of knowledge and time.
2. To replenish what is missing in your foods such as vitamins, minerals, enzymes, flora, and antioxidants.
3. To provide your body with the nutrition necessary to combat today’s unique environmental stresses.
4. To meet the higher nutritional needs of today’s hectic lifestyle.
5. To decrease your risk of chronic disease and also reduce health care costs. It would be nicer to see our government pour more money into sporting ovals than a new hospital ward for diabetes???
1. Supplementation Helps to Correct Nutrient Deficiencies
– Modern diets are devoid of adequate daily nutritional requirements.
– Nutrient deficiencies make us prone to infections, obesity and disease.
– Supplementation does help to overcome the negative effects of poor eating habits.
2. Supplementation Helps to Replenish What’s Missing in Food
– Depleted soils, pesticides and refining processes lower nutrient content in food.
– Processing, transporting and storing foods reduces nutrient content even further.
– Supplementing with high quality plant enzymes, whole food vitamins, chelated minerals and fish oil can help to replace the vital nutrients your body needs.
3. Supplementation Helps to Combat Environmental Stress
– Inadequate chemical disposal and environmental waste increase health stress.
– Chemically treated food can lead to disease and premature ageing.
– Increased electromagnetic fields (e.g. microwaves, mobile phones, computers, etc.) can weaken the immune system.
– Supplementation with antioxidants gives you the ammunition to fight back the free radicals sabotaging your cell’s structure and overall function.
4. Supplementation Helps to Fulfill 21st Century Lifestyle Nutritional Needs
– The rigors of stress compromise bodily function and can deplete vital nutrients.
– The use of oral contraceptives, heavy exercise, alcohol consumption, certain drugs, pregnancy and lactation, and other activities in today’s busy lifestyles increase the level of stress.
– Supplementation can help to overcome nutrient depletion from all triggers of lifestyle stress.
5. Supplementation Helps to Decrease Risk of Disease and Reduce Health Costs
– Degenerative diseases comprise the top four causes of death in America.
– Supplementation can help to overcome nutrient depletion from lifestyle stress as well as decrease the risk of chronic disease, and so significantly reduce health costs.
Light bulb moment… Is the question no longer “why supplement?” but rather “why wouldn’t you supplement?”.
Whether you need to correct a deficiency, desire to improve your health and nutritional status, on a mission to make up for poor diet and a stressful lifestyle, or you want to reduce your risk of disease, supplementation is crucial.
Nutritional supplementation can provide nutrient enrichment, improve digestion and help with detoxification of your body and mind. People DO feel healthier and more energetic when they take supplements. Supplements can help increase overall cellular health and fitness, improve the quality of your life, protect against premature aging and support the immune system.
Like I say “YOUR LIFE, YOUR CHOICE!”… If you care about your health, the choice is crystal clear – SUPPLEMENTATION is essential!
Stay light in body and mind as we have done the research for you and HERE is what “Power Foods Diet” encourages you to include in your menu plan:
Zinc, Magnesium, Fish Oil, Greens Supplement, Pure Whey Protein Supplement, Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Vitamin D.
WATCH this SPACE as I present to you the posts pertaining to each supplement over the next few weeks as well as what variation will deliver the better quality strength and synergy for your cells to absorb efficiently!
Love Life, Love Learning, Love GROWING YOUR AWARENESS! xx