Awaken your taste buds with these “Power Foods Fitness” Pork Hatch Chile Breakfast Patties as well as kick start your metabolism.
I came across a variation of this recipe and created mine with a Mediterranean twist using spanish onion and olive oil. I also love these served with pan-fried kale or fresh baby spinach drenched in apple cider vinegar and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil. You may want to serve with steamed broccoli or blanched asparagus with a similar dressing.
– 680g Ground Pork
– 1 medium Egg
– 2 Hatch Chiles, seeded and diced
– ½ Spanish Onion, diced
– 1 Zucchini, shredded
– 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
– 1 tsp Garlic Powder
– 1 tsp Onion Powder
– 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Pull out a large skillet and add olive oil to it over medium-high heat.
- Add your minced garlic and diced onion to the skillet and cook until onion is translucent.
- Next add your shredded zucchini and diced hatch chiles along with the spices.
- Cook down until soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Once cool, add skillet mixture to a large bowl with the ground pork. Then add the egg. Mix all together.
- Form 6-8 patties or however many you like for the perfect patty size.
- Put the same skillet under medium-high heat and add extra olive oil if needed.
- Add the patties to the skillet and cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with kale or baby spinach dressed with apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
Enjoy these flavour rich, nutrient dense breakfast delights!
REAL FOODS RULES! xx