These “Power Foods Fitness” Coconut Flour Crepes make a healthy breakfast, brunch, dessert or snack!
They take me back to my favourite childhood memories of standing over the stove-top and devouring the crepe before it even made it to the serving plate as they are super yummy… and – old fashioned – good for you too!
Makes 6 Crepes
- 2 medium Eggs
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- Stevia liquid drops, to taste (I use about 10 drops)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract (You may substitute with Almond Extract)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour, sifted
- small pinch of Nutmeg
- pinch of Cinnamon
- 1/3 C regular Coconut Milk
- 1-1/2 C Blueberries (or other berries)
1. In a medium bowl with a wire whisk, beat together the eggs, oil, stevia, vanilla, and salt. Mix in sifted coconut flour, nutmeg and cinnamon; stir in coconut milk.
2. Heat an 8 inch skillet over medium heat. When hot, melt a tiny pat of butter or coconut oil in the pan. Pour 1/8 C of batter in the skillet and swirl around in pan until a thin layer of batter covers the bottom. The crepe should be about 6 inches in diameter.
3. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until batter is bubbly and cooked around the edges. Flip the crepe and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes more, or until done.
4. Fill the crepes with the berries, top with Be Fit Hub Trail Mix and if you wish a light dusting of coconut flour.
Embrace your soul, nurture your body – the kitchen is the heart of your home! xx