These “Power Foods Fitness” Savoury Coconut Flour Crepes make a healthy breakfast, brunch, lunch or snack!
They take me back to another favourite childhood memory of waking up to the sound of the mixer and standing over the stove-top and watching my mum pour the crepe mixture into the pan then flip – then it was my turn to give it a go! Not quite as graceful! They are super yummy… and – old fashioned – good for you too!
Makes 6 Crepes
- 2 medium Eggs
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract (Optional)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour, sifted
- 1/3 C regular Coconut Milk
2. Heat an 8 inch skillet over medium heat. When hot, melt a tiny pat of butter or coconut oil in the pan. Pour 1/8 C of batter in the skillet and swirl around in pan until a thin layer of batter covers the bottom. The crepe should be about 6 inches in diameter.
3. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until batter is bubbly and cooked around the edges. Flip the crepe and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes more, or until done.
4. Spread the crepes lightly with avocado or almond butter. Then fill the crepes with pan-fried kale or fresh baby spinach with prosciutto or roasted turkey as well as char-grilled sweet potato, eggplant or mushrooms. Serve the crepes warm or cold and perfect to be made days ahead and refrigerated!
REAL FOODS RULES, food product ruins! Be REAL! xx
- COCONUT FLOUR CREPES – Comfort food from my childhood NOW GLUTEN FREE as well as DAIRY FREE! (powerfoodsfitness.com)