A perfect Winter bliss experience is the only way to describe this coco-nutty grain-free porridge. Our version of traditional oats – Coconut and Almond Grain-Free Porridge – is a gluten free, “Power Foods Fitness” approved, vegan friendly dish, that has just enough sweet in it to satisfy any sweet tooth craving.
One large serving
2 Tablespoons x Almond Butter
1/4 Cup x Shredded Coconut
6 Tablespoons x Warm Water or Coconut Milk (full fat)
1/4 Teaspoon x Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon x Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon x Raw Honey OR Maple Syrup — for our vegan friends
1 x Teaspoon Rolled Flaxseed* (optional)
* I use Waltanna Farms Rolled Flaxseed for its delicious nutty flavour and is certified organic
OR Slivered Almonds (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.
2. Transfer to a sauce pan, and heat over a low flame until it reaches your desired temperature.
3. Pour into your serving dish and top with rolled flaxseed or slivered almonds.
4. You’re done. Too easy!!! Serve with a piccolo (made with almond milk, of course) or green tea.
Enjoy this Winter warmer! xx