This week I am at week 11/52 of my next body transformation and it was a tough week as my Business Partner and Coach George was away ill for the week… This presented the challenging task of choosing what work you take on and what you leave for next week in terms of client sessions, group classes, admin and marketing, and also doing so without eating into my training schedule, food preparation and sleep… Well, look at the wording of my last sentence… Mission accomplished …. I had defined what my personal fitness goals were for the week to keep me on track on my bigger picture goal…
Now this brings me to this week’s post, the essential 9 questions, if answered honestly will help you make the right choices to succeed and fulfill your fitness goals.
Ask yourself these 9 questions – PAUSE – take a moment to really think about it… By doing this impromptu 9 minute exercise, you will have taken a huge step toward mastering your own training.
1. Have a destination – what is it you want to achieve at the end of your fitness goal/program? But keep the specifics to yourself. Do you even have a goal?
2. The world is full of Victims, Blamers and Precious Princesses who can only criticize. Are you one of them?
3. Use a program designed for your goals rather than borrow the program concocted by amateurs such as your peers, family and friends. Is your program unique to you and leading you to your destination?
4. This cliché is true… The things you hate to do are the things you need to do most. Are you doing them now?
5. If you’re not making progress, it is most likely your attitude that needs adjusting. Are you willing to accept change in your mindset?
6. Your time and energy are limited on any given day. Are you wasting them by talking BS in person or virtual rather than “walking the talk”?
7. Become your greatest fan! Become a fanatical believer in your cause. Do you really believe you’ll succeed in reaching your goal/s?
8. If you’re afraid of breaking any of your precious eggs, then don’t expect too many omelets in your life. Define what are you willing to sacrifice in order to achieve your goals?
9. There are people who are better than you, who know more stuff than you and some are experts is their field! Are you listening to them?
Always remember in fitness it is ME AGAINST MYSELF. Always has been and always will be! xx