Oats are nutritious and the health benefits* of oats are documented in hundreds of studies… Oats are also ideal for breakfast to help fuel a busy and physically active day.
*Below is a sample of the health benefits to indicate the power of oats to improve human health:
1. OATS MAY REDUCE ASTHMA RISK IN CHILDREN
2. OATS MAY BOOST NUTRITION PROFILE OF GLUTEN-FREE DIETS
3. OATS INCREASE APPETITE-CONTROL HORMONES
4. OAT BETA GLUCANS IMPROVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DEFENSES
5. OATS HELP CUT THE USE OF LAXATIVES
6. OATS MAY HELP REDUCE THE RISK OF TYPE 2 DIABETES
7. OATS MAY IMPROVE INSULIN SENSITIVITY
8. OATS LOWER BAD CHOLESTEROL
9. OATS HELP CONTROL BLOOD PRESSURE
Journal of Family Practice, April 2002; 51(4):369
10. OATS #3 OVERALL, #1 FOR BREAKFAST, IN SATIETY INDEX
Now to the other question you want to ask: Is ROLLED OATS different to OATMEAL?
Rolled oats are one very common type of oatmeal cereal. The name “rolled oats” refers to the fact that the whole oat grains are steamed and then rolled to produce flat oak flakes. Rolled oats are commonly referred to by many different names, including old-fashioned oats or oatmeal, flaked oats or oatmeal, oat flakes, rolled oatmeal, or just plain simple oatmeal. ALL these types of oats required about five minutes to cook.
Day 5 – POWER OATMEAL for breakfast, snack or post-workout meal after intense exercise!
Ingredients and Instructions:
1. Let plain Oatmeal cool a bit.
2. Then mix in a scoop of Chocolate or Cinnamon Roll–flavoured Protein Powder.
3. Top with 1/2 x cup of Berries and 4 – 8 Walnuts to construct a Metabolically Precise** meal.
**Email me via this Blog if interested in attending or studying-online my next Metabolic Precision Nutrition course.
P.S. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s protein powder Winter warmer – Hot Power Choc