I LOVE fried rice, and occasionally make my own fried rice at home with brown rice which is delicious. But sometimes when I want to cut down on my starchy carbs to best-fit the meals “OUTSIDE THE METABOLIC WINDOW” i.e. the days I am not training intensely, I opt for Cauliflower Rice.
Yes Cauliflower Rice has a unique subtle taste and the point is not to trick you, it’s to make a different choice sometimes…
To eat more vegetables and to have fun with ingredients.
To add volume without calories.
To bulk up dense dishes without adding carbs.
To mix things up and keep trying something different because you never know, you might love it!
This recipe takes 19 minutes to make and the raw cauliflower rice can be frozen in freezer bags for the week ahead.
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp x Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 head x Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup x Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Rinse cauliflower under cool water and pat dry.
- Using a cheese grater, grate the cauliflower to a coarse texture (approximately the size of rice grains). You may also use a food processor to pulse the cauliflower to the desired texture – works just as well.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for 3–4 minutes, or until the onion is relatively translucent.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and continue to sauté for 4–5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and your ready to serve.
Total Fat: 7g
Total Carbohydrate: 8g
Enjoy as a main meal combining a FIRST CLASS PROTEIN such as chicken or tuna as well as a GOOD FAT such flaxseed oil or meal with some steamed colourful veggies… Or as a side dish to add variety and texture. xx