Protein Profiteroles (aka chocolate casein filled vanilla protein muffins) have come to the rescue of my unit block this weekend!
To cut a long story short…
I promised my Metabolic Precision Nutrition clients (a month ago) a healthy protein-based recipe for traditional Profiteroles… Well actually was challenged to LIVE UP TO MY WORDS “Any dish in any cuisine can be modified to a healthier version to fit the model of a Metabolically Precise Meal!”
One neighbour had pea protein and the rule of thumb is PEA and CASEIN PROTEIN cook better than WHEY… Another neighbour had time on her side and yes she baked today and these Protein Profiteroles are so yummy!!!
1 Cup x egg whites
1/2 Cup x pea protein
3/8 Cup x vanilla casein protein
1/4 Cup x ground oats
1 Tbsp x psyllium husk
1 Tbsp x coconut flour
1 Cup x lite coconut milk
Filling – 25g x chocolate casein (or vanilla casein + 1 Tbsp x cocoa + 3 serves x Stevia) and water
Topping – 20g x dark chocolate
1. Mix all of the main ingredients, then pour into a muffin tray. Bake at 170 degrees for 30 minutes +/- 5 minutes.
2. Let the muffins cool, and then dig a hole in the middle of them (We just pierced the top with a skewer, then placed our finger in and made some room in there).
3. Make the filling by gradually adding small amounts of water to the chocolate or vanilla casein until the desired consistency is reached.
4. Put the filling mixture into a zip-lock bag and cut a SMALL corner off.
5. Twist the bag and squeeze the chocolate or vanilla casein into the muffins.
6. Melt the dark chocolate and spoon some over the top of the muffins.
Per Protein Profiterole
Total fat: 3.1g
Total carbs: 4.2g
Creating and Eating LOVE is LIVING! xx